Cute & Easy Masculine Card
for a Birthday, Father's Day, or Thanksgiving.
One of the most frequent questions we get asked is…”have you got anything that’s suitable for a man?”
It seems to be an endless struggle for so many crafters!
OK, we admit that our collections might not be the most “masculine”. But today we’re going to show you just how versatile the Jumping In Puddles collection is with this Step-by-Step Tutorial to make a card that you can gift for Father’s Day, a birthday, or even Thanksgiving.
What makes this collection so wonderful to use, is that the colours, papers and icons can be combined in so many ways. There’s pinks and peaches, dark blues and teals, dark colours and soft colours. Then there’s the patterns that range from dainty florals through to chunky plaids. So no matter who you are creating for, it caters for everybody.
Here’s a short video to show you how we made this card. You can find the full instructions below.
To make this card you will need:
- A blank white card
- 2 sheets of Jumping In Puddles 6 x 6″ papers
- Jumping In Puddles Diecut Cardstock Ephemera
- Jumping In Puddles Diecut Cardstock Sentiments
- Jumping In Puddles Chipboard Sentiment Stickers
- Double sided tape or glue
- Foam tape
6 x 6″ Paper Pad
Cardstock Diecut Ephemera
Chipboard Sentiment Stickers
Diecut Cardstock Sentiments
To make this card, we used an A2 blank white card base that measures 4.5 x 5.5″ (10.8 x 14cm).
1. Cut one of your 6 x 6″ papers to the same size as your card (4.5 x 5.5″/ 10.8 x 14cm). Stick the paper to the front of the card using double sided tape or glue.
2. Cut a second sheet of 6 x 6″ paper to 3.5 x 2.5″/ 9 x 6.5cm and stick it approximately 0.5″/ 1cm from the bottom edge of your card.
3. We chose a selection of pieces from the diecut ephemera pack of icons. First we layered trees towards the top of the card. Next we added 2 wooden gate from the same pack so they sat next to eachother (Each pack includes 2 pieces of each shape). Last, we added a circular wooden slice which we placed in in the centre of the two gates.
4. The truck diecut is such a classic, and it makes the perfect focal point. We stuck it down using foam tape to add dimension.
5. There are so many cardstock diecut sentiments you can choose from, but we chose “thankful for you” and stuck this down using foam tape.
6. To finish, we accented our card with 2 chipboard sentiment stickers to help convey the feeling of this card. We used “rest & relax” and “have fun”.
It’s always nice to show someone that you care and men are no exception! Don’t you agree this is the perfect card to give to your dad, grandad, boyfriend, or best guy friend. They will certainly be impressed…just don’t tell them how quick & easy it was!
The Rosie’s studio team xx